This is like the groundhog day multiplied by itself into some kind of infinite repeating black hole inside my brain - why do I get all the guff jobs? I'm hardly a rookie, those other two had better watch out. When I jumps ship over to Larry, Harry and Barry they'll know all about it. I can tell them the 'big' secret, the one Gullface and Chickenboy don't want anybody to know about! Intrigued - cheque or postal order for a mere £2.75 (or a pint of cider) will buy my allegiance and I'll tell you all about their grand plan!
On this day.....
- 1938 – Discovery of the first modern coelacanth in South Africa.
- 1947 – The transistor is first demonstrated at Bell Laboratories.
- 1972 – The 16 survivors of the Andes flight disaster are rescued after 73 days, having survived by cannibalism.
Happy birthday to Alexander 1 of Russia and Eddie VedderSo there you go, not half as interesting as this!
- A Little Gull was shot at Belfast Lough, the 1st Northern Irish record (1847)
- A Waxwing was at Omagh (1957)
- A Grey Phalarope was at Ardglass Harbour (1982)
- A female Red-crested Pochard was at Kinnegoe Bay (1999)