Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Postcard From Killybegs


Evening

I managed to get away from the gulls for the weekend (forgive me Derek for I have sinned, please please please forgive me) and spotted these wee beauties in the garden of the cottage we rented near Killybegs. Also had a crossbill in the tree tops briefly so garden list was pretty impressive at 3 siskin, 2 redpolls, a crossbill , goldcrests,greenfinch, bullfinch a jay, to many chaffinches, coal/blue and great tits, 2 hares (brave with the 3 dogs watching out the patio window) and a few ravens and a buzzard in the back field and woodcock/peasants flushed in the woodland beside the cottage. mountcharles had great northern divers, great crested grebe, red-breasted mergansers, common scoters and I wasn't allowed to go to killybegs to look at the gulls as her indoors does't like them :-(

Ronald