Friday, 5 October 2012

Bird News Friday 5th October

Ah lovely, my favourite time of the year. No Derk around means no gull pics and that makes me so excited I get all frothy. Good riddance is what I say...........


In Co.Fermanagh:
A Great Spotted Woodpecker was at Crom Estate (Mal Martin)

In Co. Antrim:
The Buff-bellied Pipit was at Carrickfergus again (Derk the Berk)

Thanks to Stephen Maxwell for this pic of the Buff-bellied Pipit at Carrick.....




and there's a ....what do ye call them things? You know Kingbirds. Aye. One of them from the East. What ye might call one of them there Eastern Kingbird on Inishmore, Co. Galway. Sure I had one them in my garden last week in what I like to call the hedge. In my hedge, y'know?

- Well done to Hugh Delaney for making sure he never ever needs to find another bird in his life again, just sit back with a big cigar and be smug forever.

For those interested Derk is running a taxi service to the island tomorrow morning and is even throwing in free sandwiches and a free evening pint for anybody who's willing to keep him company and listen to tales of gull bothering on the way over. He doesn't even want any petrol money!!!!