Sunday, 7 October 2012

Bird News Sunday

Hmmmm, I'm starting to get worried now. I would bet my life I saw Derk in Newcastle today buying 12 bottles of Bacardi Breezer. I think I saw him again heading down the beach with what looked like a packet of frozen sausage rolls. I thought he was on holiday in the Free State? Very strange. I think I'll make sure my chickens are locked up safely tonight.

In Co. Down:
A Great Spotted Woodpecker, 8 Jays and 14 Crossbill were at Tollymore Forest Park.

In Co. Antrim:
5 Snow Bunting were at Fair Head.

In Co. Tyrone:
5 Buzzard, 7 Whooper Swan and a Jay were at Sion Mills.

As if finding an Eastern Kingbird wasn't enough yer man on Inishmore has found a Blackpoll Warbler now!!

Here's a pic of some Barnacle Geese by Ronald Surgenor


 and here's a picture by his cousin Ronaldo