Saturday, 6 October 2012

Some Bird News for Saturday

No sign of the Eastern Kingbird but there is a Yellow-rumped Warbler on Inishmore. Derk sent me a text saying he was looking at the Belted Kingfisher at Lough Fee, Galway. That's a bit odd cos I could have swore I saw his car in Newcastle this morning.

In CO. Antrim:
Approx 80 barnacle geese coming in from the north over dunseverick/white park Bay Area this afternoon, 1 wheatear and a twite on the beach, 1 peregrine, kestrel and buzzards also in the area. No sign of the glaucous gull between ballintoy and dunseverick (Ronald Surgenor)

In Co. Down:
2 pink-footed geese at Ballyquintin Point (Richard Weyl)

A juv./ fem Hen Harrier was at St. John's Pt. (Dan Bailie)

Here's some pics from Christine Cassidy of a lost Barnacle Goose up on Lough Foyle





Ah life is great without Derk around. Although my back gate keeps on opening in the wind and there must be a fox or something outside as something is bothering my chickens.