Saturday, 26 January 2013

My Birding Life - 26th Jan

Hi Derk,
I actually went out and looked some birds today. I needed to get out of the house and have a cigarette:

Pale-bellied Brent Goose
Black-headed Gull
Common Gull
Herring Gull
Jackdaw
Collared Dove

A mighty haul but I guess it is a weekend and I had time on my hands. I must have spent a whole 2 minutes in the field and then I started thinking about Belmullet. Did manage a tick today though - I got a big lump of haddock and John Dory for tea. Never had John Dory before, even better when it's free. We're still in January and already I've got a lifer, even if it is just a fillet, it's more than I saw of the Upland Sandpiper. I've got to go - I can see my fridge through the glass panelling on my kitchen door. The fridge distresses me because it's got alphabetic animal fridge magnets on it. There's only 7 different letters - you can't make any words out of them.