Tuesday, 26 April 2016

We are here to educate you

 
What a weekend of education Nobirds provided us, well as they have said "we are here to educate you" and boy they delivered in spades. I have to say when I read about the Colossal views of the White Tailed Eagle I had to ring up my old English teacher and shout abuse down the phone! Surely Colossal is an adjective but then my teacher said "its not those Nobirds boys again" and he was right and I calmed down. He did say Colossal is an adjective but not in Nobirds Land. Now the White Tailed Eagle could be described as "Colossal" but "colossal views" I am not so sure.
So I looked up the meaning of Colossal and informal whacking is interesting in Nobirds terms!! (see below)
It was extra good of the Nobirds guys to educate us more, well we do need it when they pointed out the size difference between the White Tailed Eagle and the Buzzard , hey we wouldn't have noticed, cheers! Great photos by the way!
Here are 2 pictures of an almost white Black Tailed Godwit from Ardmore on Sunday I did not have colossal views of it, I had shite views of it (another adjective I think!). A calling Corncrake was nearby, the sounds were brobdingmagian (again see below)
 
 
 
Adjective: Colossal extremely large or great.
synonyms:
huge, massive, enormous, gigantic, very big, very large, great, giant, mammoth, vast, cosmic, immense, tremendous, mighty, stupendous, monumental, epic, prodigious, mountainous, monstrous, titanic, towering, elephantine, king-sized, king-size, gargantuan, Herculean, Brobdingnagian;


 The godwit is the white blob at the back